Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) III Funds – Public Input (Draft)
Freeman Public Schools
ESSER III Fund Plan – DRAFT #2
August 9, 2021
In March, the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of 2021 was signed into law, which will deliver aid to states, districts, schools, educators, students, and families as the country continues to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
ARP ESSER III funds will allow Local Education Agencies (LEAs) to enact appropriate measures to help schools.
ESSER III shares many similarities as ESSER II, however there are four key differences:
- Reserve at least 20% to address unfinished learning through implementation of evidence-based interventions
- Develop and make publicly available a plan for the return to in-person instruction and ensure continuity of services
- Required to ensure transparency, accountability, and make publicly available on their website a plan for the use of funds.
- Maintenance of Equity is required. LEAs will not be able to disproportionally underfund nor understaff the highest-poverty schools.
Freeman’s preliminary plan for ESSER III allocation:
- Freeman ESSER III Allocation: $165,131
- Grant Application Due September 15, 2021
- Funds shall be expended by September, 2024
|Educational Technology||$85,000||Chromebooks/iPads purchased in 21/22 and 22/23|
|Learning Loss||$35,131||Math curriculum – 2 years of consumables, all textbooks|
|Health and Safety of Students||$45,000||School Vehicle – spreading students out traveling to activities and athletics|
The district is asking for the public for feedback on the use of the ESSER III funds. If you have any ideas in accordance with the established parameters to address students learning needs related to the COVID-19 pandemic or to promote the health and safety of everyone that uses our facilities, please complete the Google Form below. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.